People Carrier Hire Edinburgh Airport | Cheap Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
Cheap Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
Compare Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
If you are looking for cheap car hire Edinburgh Airport including a people carrier, an SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) or just a good family car then like many good travel sites, we compare car hire Edinburgh Airport and at downtown Edinburgh locations, to find the best car hire Edinburgh deals available and avoid you paying over-the-top fees.
So What is the Best Car to Hire at Edinburgh Airport?
The best car rental Edinburgh Airport depends on why you want the car in the first place.
- If you’re going on a summer holiday to Scotland, on your own or with your best friend, or you are just looking for a short-term rental car to stay local then a small car like a Mini would be ideal - easy to park and cheap to run.
- If you have a small family then a saloon car, a hatchback or an estate would work – plenty of space in the back to store all the luggage and enough power to plan a longer journey.
- If your journey involves more passengers, requires a bit more comfort and more engine power then an SUV, MPV or people carrier would be your best choice.
- If you are looking for a van hire Edinburgh Airport check out our latest deals.
- If you are looking to create a good impression, at a job interview or a special occasion like a wedding, then a luxury car may be the vehicle of choice for you.
Which Car Hire Companies are in Edinburgh Airport Scotland ?
When searching for a car hire from Edinburgh airport, the following international car rental companies are based there : -
Edinburgh Airport Rental Car
You can choose your Edinburgh Airport car hire from the following makes and models of saloon, hatchback and estate cars :-
Audi A4 Estate, Audi A6 Estate, BMW 1 Series, BMW X3, BMW X5, Chevrolet Spark, Citroen C3, Fiat 500, Fiat 500L, Fiat Tipo, Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus Estate, Ford Focus, Ford Mondeo, Hyundai i10, Hyundai i30, Jaguar XE, Kia Ceed Estate, Kia Ceed, Kia Picanto, Kia Sorento, Mercedes C Class Estate, Mercedes C Class, Mercedes E Class, Nissan Micra, Opel Astra Estate, Opel Astra, Opel Corsa, Opel Crossland X, Opel Insignia,
Opel Mokka, Peugeot 308, Peugot 3008, Renault Kadjar, Skoda Octavia Estate, Skoda Octavia, Toyota Aygo, Volkswagen Golf Estate, Volkswagen Golf, Volkswagen Jetta, Volkswagen Passat Estate, Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Up, Volvo V40 and the Volvo XC60.
Minivan or People Carrier Hire Edinburgh Airport
A minivan or people carrier is the best economical choice of vehicles for all those occasions where you need to transport the family around or for multiple groups of people such as weddings, children’s parties, hen parties, stag parties, yoga holidays or sporting events. If you are arriving at Edinburgh Airport and your group of friends want to hire a people carrier or a minivan to travel to your luxury holiday villa, or to have a fun Scottish golf holiday somewhere in Scotland with its many famous golf courses, we recommend that you book the best MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) at least two months in advance. As such, you will find that rental vehicle availability at Edinburgh Airport will be easier and you will get cheaper people carrier rental rates. The summer time, Christmas and Easter holidays are our busiest times for people carrier or MPV hire at Edinburgh Airport bookings, so it is best to pre-book online and plan your holiday car hire accordingly.
Most come with sliding doors for easier access and with flexible seating arrangements to make the journey easier (backseats can be easily removed or can fold to the floor to provide more luggage storage), additional safety measures, and all-round visibility (most have a sunroof), all our versatile people carriers or minivans come with refreshing air conditioning (AC), so you will remain cool and comfortable even with a lot of passengers in the people carrier.
We find that holidaymakers benefit from a people-carrier hire Edinburgh Airport especially when they need a short term or long term vehicle rental for a 6 seater, 7 seater, 8 seater or even 9 seater minibus - oh and did we mention? - people-carriers can be fun to drive!
You can choose to hire the following makes and models of mini-van or people carrier to hire at Edinburgh Airport :-
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, Citroen C4 Picasso, Ford Tourneo, Ford Transit, Mercedes Vito Travelliner, Opel Zafira, Volkswagen Sharan, Volkswagen Touran or the Volkswagen Transporter.
Prices for the 7-seater Ford Galaxy people carrier of just 75 pounds per day are also fully inclusive of all your car insurance needs such as CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and liability cover. Additional facilities (at an extra cost) include GPS Satellite Navigational System, infant child seat, child toddler seat and booster seats. People carrier and multi-purpose vehicles are extremely popular because of their versatility and reliability and they make the best vehicle for any holiday outing. Book now for great prices on 7 seater car hire Edinburgh Airport.
SUV Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
Most people who rent an SUV Edinburgh Airport, benefit from its ability to carry more people than your average car, more cost-effective fuel consumption, safer due to their more robust chassis, more comfortable driving off-road on rough terrain due to their extremely efficient suspension and additional hill climbing control due to front-wheel or four-wheel drive (4WD) - handy for the many hilly roads in Scotland.
You can choose from the following SUV rentals Edinburgh Airport : - Kia Sportage, Nissan Qashqai, Peugot 2008, Renault Captur and the Toyota Rav4,
Luxury Car Rental Edinburgh Airport
If you are looking for a luxury car hire at Edinburgh Airport you can choose from the BMW 5 Series or the BMW M4 Coupe.
All hire cars Edinburgh Airport are subject to availability.
Electric Vehicle Rental
The electric car rental business is currently in its infancy due to the ongoing push by the motoring industry to improve the car battery technology to guarantee longer life and allow the electric car to travel a longer distance. Additionally, more and more cities and towns are pushing ahead making electric points and charging stations available for electric vehicles (EV's). In Scotland these charging points provide electricity free of charge, making driving an electric vehicle a very affordable form of transport. Some car rental companies are providing electric cars to rent, but currently these are few and far between.
Top Tip - Customer Satisfaction
Just remember that with any car hire deals, the suggested cheap car rental Edinburgh Airport may not be the best value for money, so please take this into account when you consider any car rental discounts being offered for what seems like the right car.
Consult online reviews - each rental car which we select for you comes with a previous renter rating stating :-
- Overall value for money,
- Cleanliness of the rental car Edinburgh Airport
- Service at the Edinburgh Airport car rental desk,
- Edinburgh car rental pick up process and
- Rental cars Edinburgh Airport drop off process -
which you may find useful when making your decision as to which car and car rental company you eventually choose
What Documentation Do I Require for my Edinburgh Airport Car Hire?
To help you rent a car, we have prepared a car hire travel checklist to help you with your Edinburgh Airport car rentals reservation, but plan properly and avoid a headache. You will require a valid credit card, a valid photo ID (passport or national ID), driver's licence valid for 2 years and a printed version of the car rental voucher. If you do not present any of the documents mentioned, the documentation is not valid or you do not have enough funds on your credit card, the car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle and no funds will be reimbursed to you.
Expert Advice to Make your Edinburgh Rental Car Journey go Smoothly
- Always ask for directions to the nearest petrol station to the rental drop-off location. Keep your fuel receipt as proof of refuelling.
- Take time to familiarise yourself with the vehicle controls before leaving the car park
- Fully inspect the vehicle for signs of damage and report them to the rental desk before leaving the car park
- Ask for a map at the Edinburgh Airport car rental desk
- When visiting a location in Scotland for the first time, always choose a safe parking spot like a supervised car park
Things to do in Edinburgh
- See the Castle! - Visit the historic fully functional Edinburgh Castle
- Visit Murrayfield Stadium - the home of Scottish Rugby
- Ride the Trams - after many years of delay, the Edinburgh trams are now fully operational
- Climb Arthur's Seat - the breath-taking views from the summit just above Edinburgh city centre are just sensational.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament - when in session pay a visit to see how the Scottish Government operates on behalf of the Scottish people.
- Visit the Pandas - see the cuddly pandas at Edinburgh Zoo
- Get on Board the Royal Yacht Britannia - visit Her Majesty The Queen's decommissioned royal yacht and experience the glory of being a member of the royal family for a short spell
- Visit Edinburgh in December to celebrate the New Year at Edinburgh's Hogmanay street party
Distance from Edinburgh Airport Calculator
|Glasgow||39.2 mi||44 m|
|Perth||41.2 mi||47 m|
|Aberdeen||124.8 mi||2 h 17 m|
|St Andrews||49.2 mi||1 h 9 m|
All distances and travel times are subject to traffic conditions at time of travel.
The Edinburgh Festival
Every year Edinburgh plays host to series of art and literary festivals in the summer. These are very popular with both the many Edinburgh tourists as well as the local Edinburgh people.
This includes the Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF), the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
The EIFF - was established in 1947 and aims to promote exciting and innovative film and cinema talent. These films are shown at many of the theatres and cinemas around Edinburgh.
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival claims to be the largest arts festival on the planet and takes place each August for three weeks in the capital city of Scotland. The festival attracts thousands of visitors each year and runs in parallel with the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a magnificent spectacular and attracts marching bands from around the world to perform in the evening sky within the grounds of Edinburgh Castle.
Driving in the UK
When driving your hire car Edinburgh Airport remember to drive on the left hand side of the road and please be aware of varying speed limits in Europe.
Edinburgh Airport Flight Information
Where to Pick Up Your Cheap Car Hire from Edinburgh Airport
Edinburgh Airport has a new combined car rental centre which features:
- Convenient location with direct access to Edinburgh Airport terminal
- All rent a car Edinburgh Airport companies in the one place
- Contemporary new surroundings
Can You Help Me With Motorhome Hire Edinburgh Airport ?
If you are looking for a motorhome hire Edinburgh Festival then our sister website Holiday Campervan would be happy to help with a range of motorhome and campervan hire deals at Edinburgh Airport.